Grants, Fellowships, and Funding Opportunities
- Advanced Training for Leadership and Skills
USAID-sponsored education and training program for young Africans demonstrating strong academic performance and leadership potential.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
Fellowships help to establish and nurture critical links between federal decision-makers and scientific professionals to support public policy that benefits the wellbeing of the nation and the planet.
- American Association of University Women
Supports women doctoral candidates completing dissertations or scholars seeking funds for postdoctoral research leave from accredited institutions. International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc.
Non-profit organization supporting cooperation between America and Middle East and North Africa countries.
- The Borlaug Leadership Enhancement in Agriculture Program
Fellowship program to enhance the quality of thesis research of graduate students from developing countries who show strong promise as leaders in the field of agriculture and related fields.
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) - Overseas Program Fellowships
Official international relief and development agency of the U.S. Catholic community. Applications to the International development Fellows Program (IDFP).
- The CGIAR System-wide Program on Collective Action and Property
PhD Field-Research Fellowship Program offers research fellowship that links to CGIAR projects addressing issues of collective action and property rights.
- Charlotte W. Newcombe Doctoral Dissertation Fellowships
Fellowships program designed to encourage original and significant study of ethical or religious values in all fields of the humanities and social sciences.
- Inter-American Foundation
Independent agency of the U.S. government that provides fellowships and grants to support community development in rural and urban poor areas in Latin America and the Caribbean region.
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
Canadian public corporation that support doctoral and graduate level research through their Training and Awards Centre.
- International Fellowships Office-University of Wisconsin-Madison
University of Wisconsin-Madison web site linking to grants and fellowship resources including links related to proposal preparation including Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS), NSEP Boren Scholarship, Fulbright-Hays, Fulbright.
- Institute of International Education (IIE)
Independent nonprofit organization committed to delivering program excellence to a diverse range of participants, sponsors, donors.
- International Federation of University Women (IFUW)
Supports advanced research, study and training for women graduates; target all levels of education from primary and secondary education to undergraduate studies and postgraduate research, study and training.
- Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
Awards up to two years of fellowship support for graduate study in development related fields.
- Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust
Ph.D candidates eligible for consideration.
- LASPAU - Academic and Professional Programs for the Americas
Nonprofit organization affiliated with Harvard University that designs, develops, and implements academic and professional exchange programs on behalf of individuals and institutions in the U.S, Canada, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Leo S. Rowe Pan American Fund - Organization of American
Awards educational loans to qualified persons from Latin American and Caribbean countries, to help them finance their higher studies in the United States.
- MacArthur Fellows Program
Fellowships for residents or citizens of the United States withdiverse professions: writers, scientists, artists, social scientists, humanists, teachers, entrepreneurs, or those in other fields, with or without institutional affiliations.
- Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF)- World Bank Volunteer
Education grants for women from developing countries
- Mickey Leland International Fellowship (MLIF)
Emphasis on global fight against hunger and poverty worldwide.
- The National Academies
Fellowship lists and databases.
- National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
The NED makes hundreds of grants each year to support pro-democracy groups in Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, the Middle East.
- National Science Foundation (NSF)- Graduate Research Fellowship
Opportunities for advanced education that prepares students for a broad range of disciplinary and cross-disciplinary careers. Applicants urged to visit the NSF website for more information and guidance about current and emerging themes for the NSF directorates.
- Open Society Institute (OSI)/The Soros Foundation
Range of activities aimed at building free and open societies, including grant making to strengthen civil society; economic reform; education at all levels; human rights; legal reform and public administration; media and communications; public health; arts and culture.
- Organization of American States (OAS) Fellowship Program
Fellowships for graduate studies and research at universities; awards for specialized, short-term training at educational institutions and training centers in OAS Member and Observer States.
- PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund
Scholarships for selected women for graduate study in the U.S. and Canada.
- Social Science Research Council(SSRC)
Pre-dissertation, dissertation and post-doctoral research fellowships.
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
Founding for projects and research in health, food systems and rural development, youth and education, philanthropy and volunteerism, leadership development, and regional development in U.S., Southern Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean.
- World Learning, School for International Training
An international, not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting international understanding, peace, and social justice through advocacy, education, training, and field projects around the world.