News and Information
- Accessible Information on Development Activities (AiDA)
AiDA is the largest online directory of official development aid activities. It offers a quick overview of who is doing what in international development, where they are doing it, and with what funds. Information is provided by donors and may not reflect all activities or most recent activities
- African Development Bank (AfDB)
Statistics on African countries; papers on AfDB strategies; policies and guidelines on Development Topics.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
ADB current activities, policies, programs and projects; country and regional strategy papers and programs, reports, economic reviews and poverty partnership agreements; statistical page for member countries.
Gender and development; documents by topics and country.
- CGIAR System-wide Program on Collective Action and Property Rights
Collective action and property rights.
- Demographic and Health Surveys- MEASURE DHS
Assists developing countries worldwide in collection and use of data to monitor and evaluate population, health, and nutrition programs.
- Development Gateway
Directory on development projects; an electronic procurement market; information on major development topics; links to a growing network of country-level initiatives.
- DFID Health Resource Center
Links to Eldis data on health; organizations/websites for health related issues.
- Directory of Development Studies Databases
Database provided by the Department of Politics of the University of York to facilitate access to a broad range of data sources for development studies.
- Electronic and Development Information System (ELDIS)
Gateway to information on development issues.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Recent research findings and news on relevant topics, country information, statistical databases, activities and projects, as well as a virtual library. Links to statistical databases (http://www.fao.org/waicent/portal/statistics_en.asp).
- Global Development Network (GDN)
Network of research and policy institutes working together to address problems of national and regional development.
- GRC Exchange
Latest information about governance in development.
- Health, Nutrition and Population Data and Statistics (HealthStats)
World Bank country data sheets showing summary indicators for health status, health determinants, health finance.
- Institute of Development Studies (IDS)
Globalization; governance; knowledge, technology and society; participation, power and social change; vulnerability and poverty reduction.
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
IDB projects and activities; development information by country and topic; working papers related to social and economic development in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- International Data Base (IDB)- U.S. Census Bureau
Computerized data bank containing statistical tables of demographic and socio-economic data for 227 countries and areas of the world.
- International Development Studies Websites
Compiled by the Trent University Library.
- International Institute for Sustainable Development
Economic policy on poverty reduction, community sustainability, natural resource management, leadership development.
- International Labour Organization (ILO)
Official ILO documents; news briefs on recent developments and programs; access to databases related to international labor and employment.
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
IMF evaluation reports, research articles, working papers, press releases; publications by country and within country by topic.
- Islamic Development Bank Group
Information about the ISDB activities and projects to foster social and economic development of member countries and Muslim communities world-wide.
Non-mainstream news coverage in several languages and from around the world; up-to-date news and information resources for people and organizations concerned with poverty, sustainability, human rights.
- Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD)
Activities and research searchable by topic, country, department. Economic and social issues from macroeconomics to trade, education, development and science and innovation.
- Policy Related Links
Policy-related links on the USAID website organized by categories.
- Population Reference Bureau
Searchable database on population and other general demographic data. Data on 95 demographic variables for more than 220 countries, 28 world regions and sub-regions, the world as a whole, the U.S. as a whole, and the U.S. states.
- Science and Development Network (SciDev.Net)
Rand authoritative information on science and technology-related issues that impact on the economic and social development of developing countries.
- Sustainable Development Resources - Université Libre de Bruxelles
Sustainable development organizations, projects and activities, electronic journals, libraries, references and documents, databases, directories or metadatabases.
- The WWW Virtual Library
Non-commercial catalog run by a confederation of volunteers who compile pages of key links for particular areas in which they are expert.
- UK Data Archive (UKDA)
Internationally-renowned centre of expertise in data acquisition, preservation, dissemination and promotion; curator of the largest collection of digital data in the social sciences and humanities in the UK.
- UK Data Service
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
UNICEF policies and programs; information and analysis by country and region on important social and economic indicators with special attention to child well-being.
- United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM)
UNIFEM policies and programs; news briefs, publications, policy documents.
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
UNDP programs, policies, recent news; publications.
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
UNESCO programs, policies; access to statistical databases.
- United Nations Fund for Population Activities (UNFPA)
Population and reproductive health indicators, issues and programs.
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
UNIDO generates and disseminates knowledge relating to industrial matters. Hot topics in industrial development; statistics by country
- United Nations Statistics Division
Statistics from international sources and global updates. Unrestricted free access to selected global datasets such as the Millennium Indicators Database and the Social Indicators data set.